Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for the development, management, and delivery of all of the organization’s fundraising events and activities.
The ideal candidate has ability and vision to further develop and enhance CAUSE fundraising strategies. The position calls for an individual with experience in fundraising and development, grant writing, and event planning, as well as personnel management. The ideal candidate has the ability to sustain and maintain relationships for the purposes of sustaining CAUSE programs and overall community building efforts. CAUSE seeks candidates with a solid understanding of the political landscape in Southern California as well as a strong desire to empower Asian Pacific Americans (APA) to participate in civic and political spaces.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the overall direction and vision of CAUSE fundraising strategies in accordance with the organization’s mission and goals
- Establish short and long-term fundraising goals and objectives
- Develop key fundraising materials
- Cultivate a powerful, emotion-evoking case for support
- Routinely capture alumni and community testimonials
- Consistently engage relevant stakeholders in discussion and strategizing for program development purposes and incorporate feedback to ensure continued growth
- Ensure fundraising strategies/initiatives and messaging points are clearly communicated to all relevant stakeholders
- Conduct market and community research when necessary
- Produce memos for all fundraising related research/analyses
- Identify, develop, and execute new fundraising mechanisms for the organization
- Administer regular fundraising impact analysis
- Set key deadlines to ensure the quality outcomes for all fundraising programs
- Maintain an awareness of overall organization budget
- Uphold fundraising priorities with programs as well as marketing/communications curriculums, strategies, and materials
- Ensure the overall high quality and success of the organization’s core fundraising programs
- Produce all sponsorship packages on an annual basis
- Track and manage all sponsorship benefits
- Compose and submit all sponsorship requirements and impact related reporting
- Compose grant applications and donor proposals
- Work closely with the Executive Director to message and strategize successful grant and donor proposals
- Compile all supporting application materials as necessary
- Track all grant associated deadlines and submit impact reports as required
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with donors and donor prospects on behalf of the organization
- Design and execute a strategy for donor engagement and stewardship
- Direct the tracking and management of all sponsorship packages and benefits
- Ensure all major stakeholders are invited to program-related events and activities
- Coordinate and facilitate donor meetings
- Oversee donation processing and entry into Salesforce
- Supervise creation and distribution of contribution acknowledgement letters
- Manage donor appreciation efforts
- Lead and direct program speakers and special guests
- Ensure the quality of day-of program details, vendor coordination, and management of program participants
- Manage production of annual fall fundraising appeal, mail out and distribution, call lists, and overall fundraising goals
- Monitor and control fundraiser schedules, deadlines, and run of show (day-of events)
- Manage and train supporting development staff and interns
- Ensure high quality of work and productivity of supporting staff
- Conduct performance evaluations for supporting staff
- Align funding priorities with programs and marketing staff
- Assures team meets fundraising goals collectively and in cohesion
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of personnel and nonprofit program management preferred
- Fluency in an Asian language is desirable
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High proficiency in Google Apps (Mail, Docs, Calendar, Drive)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details and deadline-oriented
Full Time Exempt, 40 Hours/Week*
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health and retirement benefits included.
*Retirement benefits effective after 1 year vesting period.
The position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
* Employee expected to travel and work extended hours and on weekends as necessary
Individuals interested in this position should submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample (specifically a grant application) to Kim Yamasaki, CAUSE Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment (CAUSE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan, community-based organization with a mission to advance the civic and political empowerment of the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through nonpartisan voter outreach, training, and education as well as leadership development.
Founded in 1993, CAUSE is comprised of committed professional, business, community and political leaders, and has established itself as a unique nonpartisan APA organization dedicated solely to APA civic and political participation. Based in the Greater Los Angeles area, CAUSE’s influence reaches throughout the nation.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAUSE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.