Under the direction of the Director of Programs, the Programs Coordinator is responsible for executing and supporting all programing to ensure program and organizational success.
The ideal candidate has a basic understanding of the APA civic and political landscape. CAUSE seeks applicants who are dedicated to develop the next generation of civic leaders and to empower the APA community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support program development and curriculum building
- Conduct market and community research when necessary
- Produce memos for all program related research/analyses
- Document planning, execution and debrief for all programs/events
- Meet program-related deadlines
- Update and maintain program-related contact information
- Lead outreach efforts to build key relationships and recruit program participants
- Produce promotional and other program-related materials (e.g. application, itinerary, press release, etc.)
- Conduct post-event follow up to all speakers, sponsors, and program attendees
- Coordinate day of events/ programs for smooth execution (e.g. registration, setup, cleanup, etc.)
- Serve as point of contact for vendors and corresponding parties
- Support with training and management of program participants
- Field incoming phone calls
- Perform administrative tasks directly related to program implementation
- Maintain clean and organized working environment and filing system
- Execute the documentation and continuous backup of program-related documents and materials
- Manage and train interns and volunteers
- Manage intern and volunteer assignments and duties to ensure the execution of programs to the expected quality
- Conduct regular program evaluations and impact analysis
- Set key deadlines to ensure the quality outcomes for all programs
- Ensure high quality of work and productivity from Programs Coordinator
- Support CAUSE with its general fundraising and revenue-generating events and initiatives
- Exercise use of good judgment with respect to making program-related financial decisions
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of working experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Mail, Docs, Calendar, Drive)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills; outstanding interpersonal skills (handling of community relations)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, and attention to details are a must; proactive, self-motivated, responsible, and takes initiative
- Ability to perform under time-sensitive and fast-paced environment; capable of multi-tasking and adhering to scheduled deadlines
- Understanding or interest of non-profit/civic engagement is preferred but not required
- Bilingual preferred but not required
Full Time, 40 Hours/Week*
Compensation is hourly and commensurate with experience. Health and retirement benefits included.
*Retirement benefits effective after 1 year vesting period.
The position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
* Employee expected to travel and work extended hours and on weekends as necessary
Individuals interested in this position should submit a cover letter, résumé, and professional writing sample to Adam Hsu, CAUSE Director of Programs, at email@example.com.
Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment (CAUSE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan, community-based organization with a mission to advance the civic and political empowerment of the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through nonpartisan voter outreach, training, and education as well as leadership development.
Founded in 1993, CAUSE is comprised of committed professional, business, community and political leaders, and has established itself as a unique nonpartisan APA organization dedicated solely to APA civic and political participation. Based in the Greater Los Angeles area, CAUSE’s influence reaches throughout the nation.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAUSE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.